Massage therapy is an excellent treatment for a variety of conditions including the following:
- Enhance restful sleep. Reduced muscle tension increases comfort and deepens sleep.
- Increase vitality, energy and mental alertness. Increased circulation brings nutrition to your cells and oxygen to your brain. This can boost your energy and temporarily improve mental clarity. This may make it easier to be more mentally and physically active which can further increase your energy.
- Ease breathing. As massage calms the nervous system, breathing slows and deepens. Relief of tension in the shoulder, neck and chest muscles also allows for fuller chest expansion.
- Improve health and mobility of joints. Massage relieves muscle tension that restricts movement and improves natural joint lubrication as circulation increases.
- Improve posture and coordination. Relief of chronic muscle tension allows greater ease of movement.
- Relieve dry, itchy skin. Massage increases circulation to the skin, improving both tone and elasticity and moisturizing naturally.
- Reduce swelling from excess water retention. Massage gently moves fluid into the circulation system where it can be eliminated.
- Speed healing from injuries or surgery. Increased circulation improves the flow of oxygen and nutrients to cells and removes waste products.